Celtic camogie was formed in Coolock in 1929 and has a long and illustrious history. They have won 14 Dublin Senior Championship titles, the first in 1952, 4 in a row in the 70s, and the most recent in 1997. They also were the inaugural All-Ireland Senior Club Camogie Champions in 1964.
Two Celtic players, Una O’Conner and Eileen Duffy were named on the Camogie Team of the Century.
No less than six presidents of the Camogie Association were Celtic players: Eilish Redmond, Mary Lynch, Nell McCarthy, Mary Moran, Mary Fennelly and Liz Howard.
In the late 90’s, playing and training in the Phoenix Park but with no home of their own, at the behest of Faughs and Limerick’s Ned Rea, Celtic decided to move out to Tymon Park and merge with the famous Faughs hurling club. As a result, Faughs Celtic was formed in 2000 and will carry the tradition of the famous Celtic Camogie Club into the future.
The juvenile section of the club was formed in 2003 and from humble beginnings is now one of the largest clubs in Dublin. Starting from just one juvenile team in 2004, the club has grown rapidly and in 2014 was fielding teams at all age levels from U16 down to U8, included 2 teams at U13. 2014 also saw the debut of a second Senior team and also our first time to field a minor team.
2013 saw our most successful year on the playing fields with our U16s, U15s and U13s all securing League and Championship doubles.
Arguable a year late! Faughs Celtic were awarded the Dublin Club of the Year title in 2014.